Sign in to follow this  
Scourge

TA22 Celica

Hey fellow Toyota dudes...

I had this on the Nissan pages but it's gone now so I figured I'd stick it on here for anyone who missed it. Sorry if it's 'technically' a repost but we need more old school representation.

It was a one owner and has 133,000km on the clock - totally original. I plan on a full ground up resto with a 2TG, but brake and suspension upgrade. I want to keep it looking much the same though so it will still have stock looking interior/exterior and traditional engine mods. It amazingly doesn't have any rust and the interior is virtually as new condition.

100_1023b.jpg

100_1011b.jpg

100_1015b.jpg

100_1032b.jpg

100_1027b.jpg

100_1047b.jpg

100_1036b.jpg

very nice mate,i luv the old skool celicas, this was mine i sold last year :( i miss it but i got a 180 now so its all good.

717802_34_full.jpg

717802_37_full.jpg

more pix:

75celica

Thats awesome mate. I think I remember seeing it on Toymods - I personally think the front setup looks great. Very tough looking indeed.

Having had 2 180's I can apprectiate how much easier life is modifying a newer car :thumbsup:

Thats awesome mate. I think I remember seeing it on Toymods - I personally think the front setup looks great. Very tough looking indeed.

Having had 2 180's I can apprectiate how much easier life is modifying a newer car :thumbsup:

hey thanx alot, i was on alot of the celica sites,mainly on classiccelica.com. yeah its 10times easier doin up the 180, but its not the same,i had more fun doin up the celica.

you keeping the engine original or you gonna put somthin else in?

I'm actually thinking about a 13B NA engine. I'm sure the Toyota fans would be horrified but I just can't see the sense in rebuilding an old 2TG for considerable expense and so little benefit. Other options using Toyota engines are far from simple and 13Bs are cheap, relatively easy to convert and the performance gains are impressive - not to mention the TA22 is the perfect size and weight for one. From what I've heard the series 4 RX7 gearbox will fit straight in behind it and will have approximately the same gearstick location - which is more than you can say for swaps using a W series box or SR20 options..

Unfortunately the thing is gonna have to sit around for a while longer as I'm about to buy a new house. I'll probably do brakes and suspension first and then the engine. So I can think about it for a while as I pull my hair out on all the other complicated stuff!!

yeah i sold mine because i didnt have the $$$ for wat i wanted to do. eg. chuck in a 350 chev or a sr20det but one day i wanna get another one to do up.

Celica is large in size as it can carry many passengers easily for travelling because it can large in width more than height. Login in here assignment help to check the speed, consistency and reliability.