Sign in to follow this  
matth23

Matt's Autech S15 Eaton M62 supercharger project

Looks like you've got a handle on the electronics... I recommend you build a PWM driven speed controller for the thermofans... the startup current of those Ford thermofans is much higher than 40A and I've had a few fuses blow that way, causing the engine temp to rise higher than I'd prefer. Pretty sure the cars that have these thermofans stock use a built in soft start. Anyway, I got an 80A mosfet, gate driver, small heatsink for $2 at my local electronics store and I'm running it from an MSP430 that combines a soft start ramp with PWM speed control. The PWM runs closed loop against water temp in series with the ECU's thermofan on/off signal. When the ECU commands the thermofans to turn off, the controller ramps down and turns itself off completely (there's no idle power consumption). Reverse current due to fan turn-off is handled by some huge rectifier diodes I got in a $10 mystery diode bag.

Thats a really good idea, i think my oil cooler fan has already blown a fuse for this reason. And diodes controlling reverse current is a great idea too. Thanks! :thumb:

server got migrated and the links are broken, I would imagine.

Have your photos hosted on imgur or similar so when this this happens it's easy to recover them