Sign in to follow this  
Element Unknown

Cordless impact wrench for home garage use, what's decent ~$200

mulwakee, aeg and ryobi are all owned by tti tools, so in the end you are dealing with the same company. the brands are just targeted at different market levels

well the head office for milwaukee in Melbourne is across the road from shoppo (so about 2 minutes from box hill) so im sure it wouldn't be that hard to get a reasonable result with warranty claims.

otherwise the Ryobi one above is about the same price as milwaukee, a bit lighter and smaller, but half the declared power output so i find it considerably less appealing. it is also a brushed motor, old technology now.

i have been using the milwaukee for ages, only need to charge it every fortnight and haven't had any issues with it. i dont see myself ever needing to put in a warranty claim, it feels and performs solid / reliably.

Would the batteries be covered?

Dunno what is generally covered other than the skin.

well the head office for milwaukee in Melbourne is across the road from shoppo (so about 2 minutes from box hill) so im sure it wouldn't be that hard to get a reasonable result with warranty claims.

otherwise the Ryobi one above is about the same price as milwaukee, a bit lighter and smaller, but half the declared power output so i find it considerably less appealing. it is also a brushed motor, old technology now.

i have been using the milwaukee for ages, only need to charge it every fortnight and haven't had any issues with it. i dont see myself ever needing to put in a warranty claim, it feels and performs solid / reliably.

Batteries are a consumable item so they wouldn't be covered. If you read through the warranty agreement it states the set warranty periods for each part.

Batteries are a consumable item so they wouldn't be covered. If you read through the warranty agreement it states the set warranty periods for each part.

Thanks, will check, you would think tho there would be some kind of guarantee on minimum charge cycles/life of these consumables, they aren't cheap

AEG give you 12 months on batteries and chargers. or 3 years if you register the tools within 30 days of purchase. pretty damn sweet if you ask me