Sign in to follow this  
Shawnhalu

KTS vs CUSCO vs KAZAMA

I need some opinion on KTS vs CUSCO vs KAZAMA handling parts. My arm are very old already thinking of swapping all of it. but i have seen this KTS price being cheap but i have see no review on the item itself. anyone here can give me some help? thanks

Gktech. A lot of people use them with limited/ no issues at all with Australian support

What if you were wanting to avoid pillow balls joints and go rubber for street use and longevity? GKTech use pillow ball joints but use a protective dust boot, how well would that work for a street car looking for longevity?

Cusco and Kazama are identical besides paint colour. KTS im pretty sure is made in china but check in to be 100%

If your looking for rubber joints and not rose joints id recommend hard race. They have a decent range of rubber joints for most arms available.

Would advise against gktech arms. Bearings that last a year is not satisfactory no matter how much cheaper they are than the notable brands. I highly recommend spl, cusco, and i would have recommended cazman but, you know, the whole scammer thing lol. His toe arms were awesome.

I've had better and faster service from spl in the states than gktech. They also recommend not running boots.

Personally, I'd never run rose jointed arms on a road car again. Poly / hard rubber is a much better idea.

Personally, I'd never run rose jointed arms on a road car again. Poly / hard rubber is a much better idea.

Any reason why? Genuine question,as I'm planning on getting all my arms through gktech.

i would have recommended cazman but, you know, the whole scammer thing lol.

Yeah what happened with him, got a lovely set of arms from him just before it seemed to go pair shaped.

Nothing wrong with KTS. They make a lot more products than Cusco and Kazama. They are a Japanese brand, Tokage Garage have been using it on the Gold Coast since 2009

If it's a daily / street driven car get the hardrace rubber arms. I had some kts rear camber and toe arms and the bearings lasted 8 months. Any pillowball joint even with dust boot will wear quickly with everyday driving. I can't fault the hardrace items!

KTS REAR SUSPENSION MEMBER BRACE KIT - GT-R SILVIA SKYLINE

this item is not for a silvia s15 right? i dont see any of this arms around silvia. unless one look like the traction arms

Any reason why? Genuine question,as I'm planning on getting all my arms through gktech.

I've had multiple sets of bearings fail in extremely short periods of time. I had the tie rod ends fail with less than 2k kms use (even with 'qa1' brand bearings) and camber arms that failed in about 8k km use on a daily that saw no abuse whatsoever.

I have not used the v3 arms, just the previous versions. The billet arms are bulky, and the fittings are overly big and seize up. The threads are also quite coarse / large meaning you get more adjustment with less turns, most other quality brands come with fine threads, much easier to work with and easier to undo lock nuts.

I don't mean to talk shit about his brand, we all know he's a stand up bloke who fixes problems.

Spl use titanium locking nuts and tubing, so light AF and strong. Welds are also very good. Most importantly the rose joints are quality (i believe gktech now uses qa1 bearings, so should be a bit better than before). I'd love to see spl (or another quality producer) come out with a rubber / poly rod end, that would be a perfect package. I'm still not sold on hard race, being a Chinese produced brand.

Edited by r0berto

I've had multiple sets of bearings fail in extremely short periods of time. I had the tie rod ends fail with less than 2k kms use (even with 'qa1' brand bearings) and camber arms that failed in about 8k km use on a daily that saw no abuse whatsoever.

I have not used the v3 arms, just the previous versions. The billet arms are bulky, and the fittings are overly big and seize up. The threads are also quite coarse / large meaning you get more adjustment with less turns, most other quality brands come with fine threads, much easier to work with and easier to undo lock nuts.

I don't mean to talk shit about his brand, we all know he's a stand up bloke who fixes problems.

Spl use titanium locking nuts and tubing, so light AF and strong. Welds are also very good. Most importantly the rose joints are quality (i believe gktech now uses qa1 bearings, so should be a bit better than before). I'd love to see spl (or another quality producer) come out with a rubber / poly rod end, that would be a perfect package. I'm still not sold on hard race, being a Chinese produced brand.

roberto. any opinion on the kazama vs cusco?

ps i also have a question. which of this yashio core support guard & the cusco tension bar support is better or rather have some good in it. as the yashio tie from power brace to chassis, cusco tie from power brace left to right.

I've used cusco, never kazama. Cusco caster arms i had must have had a good 50k kms on them, and they still felt new.

There are a multitude of brace items out there, most of which you don't need. S15 has the most rigid chassis of the silvias, already has a left to right chassis rail brace, so the only other ones id recommend are:

Guard braces (make it yourself)

Caster bracket brace (make it yourself)

Strut braces

All you'll be doing otherwise is loading up the car with extra weight and throwing money down the drain.

My Silvia has alot of KTS Suspension parts on it, great product has some old tein caster arms..

Between those 3 brand i think you will be fine with any of them Cusco do make a very good arm, and i know many people on them for years, just be sure to give them a checkup every year or 2 grease up the joints if you can and a dust boot and you should be set to hit a decade worth a use

Had a couple of issues with the Cusco arms....now I use Ikea Formula

I've used cusco, never kazama. Cusco caster arms i had must have had a good 50k kms on them, and they still felt new.

There are a multitude of brace items out there, most of which you don't need. S15 has the most rigid chassis of the silvias, already has a left to right chassis rail brace, so the only other ones id recommend are:

Strut braces

All you'll be doing otherwise is loading up the car with extra weight and throwing money down the drain.

what are the guard & caster brace you talking bout?

Had a couple of issues with the Cusco arms....now I use Ikea Formula

wow ikeya formula is expensive haha

Strut braces

btw i have some cusco arms already on the car. which have done i guess more than 60000km i dont get any noise from it. but just very rusty on the turnable parts. can it still be use or might just change it. everytime when it need to be adjust, the mechanic have to use lot of wd40 and a tremedous of strength before it can be lossen and turn.

this item is not for a silvia s15 right? i dont see any of this arms around silvia. unless one look like the traction arms

Yes this fits the s15 Silvia. Its supposed to make the rear end feel more planted.

I had planned to installed the nismo version

In my s15 iv got the following braces:

ultra racing fender brace

ultra racing ladder brace

ultra racing rear member subframe brace (pretty much a monkey brace but mounted under the car that bolts to the subframe as well)

cusco Rear strut brace

ARC front strut brace

Nismo power brace

Improvement in ride quality and now no creaking in the dash or rear while going up driveways ect.

the suspension feels a lot softer so you can stiffen up the dampers.

Fender braces and nismo power braces make a massive difference along with a rear strut brace if you currently don't have one.

If you can weld in the fender brace !

Next stage stich welding the whole chassis :wub:

I've used cusco, never kazama. Cusco caster arms i had must have had a good 50k kms on them, and they still felt new. There are a multitude of brace items out there, most of which you don't need. S15 has the most rigid chassis of the silvias, already has a left to right chassis rail brace, so the only other ones id recommend are: Guard braces (make it yourself) Caster bracket brace (make it yourself) Strut braces All you'll be doing otherwise is loading up the car with extra weight and throwing money down the drain.
btw i have some cusco arms already on the car. which have done i guess more than 60000km i dont get any noise from it. but just very rusty on the turnable parts. can it still be use or might just change it. everytime when it need to be adjust, the mechanic have to use lot of wd40 and a tremedous of strength before it can be lossen and turn.

Remove rusted parts attack with a a rust loosener / rust penetrating liquid and a wire brush on a drill.

apply anti-seize past to ALL adjustable suspension parts except coilovers

Caster bracket brace, I'm sure there's a better name for it. essentially 'Nismo power brace' but that costs $200+ and diy costs as much as scrap metal.

Guard brace sits under the front guards, bracing the towers to the firewall. Also costs as much as scrap, requires no real welding ability as you can't see it with the guard on.

Just don't go heavy on the firewall welding, there's very flammable shit behind there and it's not an easy place to put out a fire.

Thanks for that, when the time comes to upgrade I'll research it further and make a decision, most likely settle for hardened rubber as the car is a daily and longevity is a priority.

I'm a bit late to the party, but if you want longevity Hardrace arms with hardened rubber are great for street cars, and they're still reasonably stiff, they've worked great for me. I also use Kazama they are great quality and reasonably priced, Cusco is ridiculous expensive and don't seem to update their product, KTS is cheap stuff that can't be compared and no point bringing it all the way from Japan. Gktech arms have taken massive leaps forward and the new range is great, also used with no issues.

Cusco tension rod brace is only like $70 + shipping when the exchange rate isn't balls, I've got one and it's great, yashio factory bracing is expensive af so they're mostly just hardcore JDM bling for if you've been watching too much Hot Version

Yes this fits the s15 Silvia. Its supposed to make the rear end feel more planted.

I had planned to installed the nismo version

In my s15 iv got the following braces:

ultra racing fender brace

ultra racing ladder brace

ultra racing rear member subframe brace (pretty much a monkey brace but mounted under the car that bolts to the subframe as well)

cusco Rear strut brace

ARC front strut brace

Nismo power brace

Improvement in ride quality and now no creaking in the dash or rear while going up driveways ect.

the suspension feels a lot softer so you can stiffen up the dampers.

Fender braces and nismo power braces make a massive difference along with a rear strut brace if you currently don't have one.

If you can weld in the fender brace !

Next stage stich welding the whole chassis wub.png

It fits the s14/15 if you dont raise your subframe, only fits stock subframe position

I agree with the power brace. it makes a huge difference imo

Funny about the creaking noise as i used to have it as well but after all the rear end refreshed, everything is nice and tight