Sign in to follow this  
Guerrilla Automotive

Skyline into Silvia front seat swap bracket

Hi Everyone !

I have designed and manufactured a bracket to suit the classic Skyline into Silvia front seat swap which is currently in pre-sale for shipping next week ! So gone are the days of having to weld on your own custom plate or even running just 3 bolts (hopefully not to many people have gone this route). Now all you need is a spanner, a ratchet, a couple sockets and a nice Saturday arvo and your ready to hit the track with some sweet new seats !

Here is a link to my website where you can have a look if your interested :) Also use the code "presale20" for 20% off until next Friday.

http://www.guerrillaautomotiveinnovation.com.au/#!product-page/cba4/e5d5ea33-8a57-5899-bf68-4a47dd2615f5

Any feedback, questions and even criticisms are encouraged !

Happy cruising

Michael @ GAI

P.S Moderators I checked with Loz before posting this to confirm it way okay :)

• Upvote 1

Great to see! Seen to many "3 bolt" seat swaps.

Great idea, seen too many sketchy "mods" to make Skyline seats fit.

You should try get them ADR approved if the process is easy, it'll give you some extra selling points.

does it work on both passenger and drivers sides?

While that will certainly do the job it won't look anywhere near as neat and is time consuming. However the main reason is a lot of people either don't have access to the tools required or don't want to DIY a solution. This product is for the buyer who wants an elegant solution that can be taken out of the box and bolted straight in :)

Why is this better than an offcut of flat bar with a nut and bolt?

This looks much more tidy.

Also I just saw it's not compatible with R34 GTT seats? I always thought they were the same as any other Skyline seat.

From the research I did there seems to be a fair bit of debate and mixed reports on whether the r34 gtt has the same rails as the rest. I thought it would be best be err on the side of caution until I have the chance to test it for myself.

It does seem strange to me that nissan would design new rails for that one model though !

Why is this better than an offcut of flat bar with a nut and bolt?

Avoiding fabrication appeals a great deal to some folks, and some shouldn't be allowed near power tools... for instance, I've met people that have hurt themselves from putting a spinning angle grinder disc-down on a table. There's a market for any car-related product that is a direct bolt-on, a great example being the classic R33 handbrake adapter plate, which people buy despite being a simple plate with 4 holes.

Although I would weld my own bar, and have, it looks like a pretty tidy product for what it is.

From the research I did there seems to be a fair bit of debate and mixed reports on whether the r34 gtt has the same rails as the rest. I thought it would be best be err on the side of caution until I have the chance to test it for myself.

It does seem strange to me that nissan would design new rails for that one model though !

Yeah, I knew a guy with GTT 34 seats in his S13. Not sure how they were mounted though.

Edit: http://www.skylife4ever.com/2011/01/custom-cockpit.html

Scroll down that link, 34 seat install in a 32, apparently one of the tabs needs to be bent down. So you were indeed right, strange....