Sign in to follow this  
Dose Pipe Sutututu

Let's Talk Brake Pads!

Apart from good pads two of the best things I did to improve braking durability on the track was remove backing plates and install air ducting guides, brought my braking temperatures down significantly....

When i smashed on the 33 front setup on my 13 the local shop only had standard bendix in stock, so i smashed them on thinking it would be a-ok.

Drifting barbagallo, i experienced decent brake fad a couple of times.

More recently trying some track work down at colie i had some seriously dangerous brake fade, to the point a couple of times the brakes actually did nothing.

needless to say, i'm in the market for some pads

Ill pm you up :)

yeah johnny should be able to hook you up.

lol! bendix are shit for anything other than making your barina stop better on the street only.

^^ thats my very biased view on them - i cooked mine once, and they didnt stop at all! it was like i had no brakes at all. not happy jan.

get a street/track oriented pad if thats what your going for. lots of options out there.

they are shit.. their so called "Ultimate" range is ultimately shit... and when you move to Bendix SRT you might as well buy Project Mu HC+ and have change left over for hookers and cocaine.

.. cunts.

Can confirm the intima sr pads have been good for street/spirited drive use so far.

Thanks Johny

• Upvote 1

Great write up from everyone. I might consider the Intima D pads for my car.

I have greddy 6pot calipers though so i don't know what is compatible yet :(

Will have to confirm with you on that one.

Put the sr through a torture test with my r33 at sandown a couple weekends ago. Stock calipers with oversize 324mm rda discs and adaptor, penrite fluid, stock lines. Did 43 laps throughout the day, 10 min sessions, no cool down laps. Performed brilliantly, no fade, squeeled a couple of times when real hot, otherwise nothing bad to say about them. Had no problems slowing down the skytanic from 225km/h to 90km/h repeatedly and didn't wear much. Car ran a 1.25.9 which is reasonably quick for a budget rwd car on stock brake system.

For the price, the sr would have to be the perfect Street/track pad. Excellent, quiet and low dust characteristics on the street and work from cold. I previously ran a1rm and although I thought they where pretty good, these are definitely a cut above and much much much quieter:)

Can confirm air freshener smell like artificial apple

Will be interested to see how these go with the brembos

14677963_10154713778243578_1981416621_o.jpg

Apart from good pads two of the best things I did to improve braking durability on the track was remove backing plates and install air ducting guides, brought my braking temperatures down significantly....

I thought backing plates were good for thermals and kept fluid temps down?

For a track car removing em wouldnt matter too much but for daily you get sick of going SQUEEEEEEEE every time u stop

Edited by Skepticism

I'm quite interested in these Intima D pads. Have been using QFM A1RMs the last couple of sets. Also used Ferodo DS2500 in the past but they are pretty pricey these days.

My current pads have just hit the wear indicator so its time for a new set of pads.

I find that the Q1RMs get hammered and fade at QR so I would like something better!

I am a little put off by the Intima D being not recommended for street although from what I have read on the internet so far, a few people are running them on the street without any issues?

The Intima TD are ok on the street when cold, they feel like your car is fitted with Bendix General Pads haha.. however once they warm up they're good and will stop on the street.

I would say the Intima SR pads are great, will thrash those QFM A1RM any day of the week.

Looks like I'll put an order through for a set of D for the front and Sr for the rear

I know you were talking of doing a deal some time soon but I need pads now as the wear indicator is doing its job and annoying the shit out of me with the lovely sound it's making.

Looks like I'll put an order through for a set of D for the front and Sr for the rear

I know you were talking of doing a deal some time soon but I need pads now as the wear indicator is doing its job and annoying the shit out of me with the lovely sound it's making.

Have sent you a PM :)

Finally got around to installing the type D pads on the front and the SR on the rear

Haven't done a heap of driving apart from bedding them in, and a couple of quick trips to the shops a couple ks down the road. Can report that the cold stopping performance feels no worse than the A1RMs that I had fitted before.

^ just be weary when driving off cold, they won't react like normal brake pad should you need to come to a surprise stop.

once warmed up its a different story, beast of a pad. great combo too

I used them a few years ago (ordered hc+ and were sent these as they had none in stock)

Used on my old ae92 sx with upgraded ae111 twin pots.

Car only weighed 950kgs, but were great. Found they didn't last as long as the hc's, but cold pedal feel was tops and didn't fade at all at Wakefield/EC.

Only bad point was they were dusty as all fuck on my white wheels. That's about it.

I have removed the backing plates due to increased disc size as well have ducted air from the spoiler to the centre of the disc and it has helped delay signs of fade over 5 laps at QR.

I put Intima SS brake pads on my 180 with R33 GTST front calipers, they pull up real nice and don't make the annoying squeaking my old ones were making (which came with the calipers).

The also make much less dust on my silver rims which I'm very happy about.

When these are worn out I will be buying the same pads again that's for sure.