Sign in to follow this  
S15 sxytime

S15 number plate light wanted

I'm after a number plate light for my S15, on Friday night while I was changing the bulb my dog picked it up without me noticing and chewed it up. Sneaky fucker!!

cmon man you been around long enough to definitely know how "the google" works.............

https://www.google.c...mber+plate+bulb

Resource for others -

http://forum.s15oc.c...pecs-types.html

Headlight unit

Low beam: H1 (55W)

High beam: HB3 9005 (60W)

OEM HID low beam: D2S (35W) 4300k?.

Exterior

Sidelight/parking: 501 (5W)

Front indicators: 581 (21W - amber) These bulbs have an OFFSET base bayonet

Side indicators: 501 (5W) Although white, you will require amber bulbs if swapping to clear/smoked indicator units

Fog lamps: H3 (55W)

Rear combination lamp

Indicator: 7440 (21W)

Brake/tail: 7443 (21W/5W) Two per side (one per side on ADM S15s)

Reverse: 921 (18W) If a reversing light is converted to a fog light, you will require a red bulb

High mounted brake: 921 (18W)

Number plate: 501 (5W)

Interior

Interior main: 269 (10W) 30mm length

Map lights: 233/BA9 (8W or 10W)

Boot: 501 (3.4W) Although the workshop manual states 3.4W, 5W is going to be much easier to find

Edited by Scotties15

Don't need that information. I was looking for the whole lens/globe holder assembly that goes into the bumper

I ended up getting one off ebay for $30.

Nissan wanted $100 for a new one. Those nisswreck thieves wanted $50 for a used one!

Also found out that a Tiida hatchback uses the same light.

Could have bent up a piece of steel and stuck a generic clear indicator housing on it, or any other generic LED light. Proper budget-spec.

Edit that, just remembered that the dog would obviously have only eaten the the plastic part. In that case I'd have simply bolted a generic clear indicator onto the oem metal bracket, or ziptied a clear plastic paint cap in place. Perhaps even cut up and install some of my spare polycarbonate over a $3 LED board.

30 bucks is a bit steep for a cover that nobody will ever see.

Yeh I had considered doing that but because I a picky perfectionist cunt I had to get the correct part, even getting a shitty used one doesn't feel right ( I'm all fucked up).

Fuck me for what it is $30 is alot, any other car it would be $10!.I'm no cheapskate, I bought the car 12 years ago when they were expensive and have never used second hand parts or Chinese parts on it, so I'm not being a tight arse here.

Yeah, it's all perspective. Sure 30 bucks isn't much cash, but suppose you hooked up one evening with a solid 10/10, had no condom, and the only place you could find one wanted $30 for it. The fact that you could afford it wouldn't make you feel any less cheated by the seller.

So true!! The thing I find totally fucked is that thieving Nisswreck wanted $50 for the "S15" light but after I found out that thr Tiida hatchback uses the exact same light I rang them and they quoted me $40 for the "Tiida" light!!!!!!!

Good news for me. My new second hand number plate light arrived today, got it from Shamrock spares in Sydney, absolutely great guys to deal with and delivery interstate is super fast. The other good news is that my dog Gomez (bullterrier cross) that ate the original light is still alive, was worried he had swallowed sharp pieces of the brittle clear lens and needing an really expensive vet visit,

I don't get it. I offered you 1 for $10 plus post but you bought 1 from shamrock for 30 instead. Was it better than mine some how? Lol. Maybe I should of said 30 posted:)

I don't get it. I offered you 1 for $10 plus post but you bought 1 from shamrock for 30 instead. Was it better than mine some how? Lol. Maybe I should of said 30 posted:)

have a look at their sold listings on ebay lol prepare to be amazed !

I get ya with it being a waste of $30 grabbing one from an n15 pulsar or something could of been a cheap option ;)

Well I appreciate your offer, but I thought you said you "might" have one in your shed,by the time you looked for it then packed it, drove to post office, generally fucked around to earn $10 it's hardly worth it, I didn't want to waste your time as I have had car parts on Gumtree for $5 -$10 and people want me to send interstate, by the time I fuck about sending I basically sell the item for nothing. I do appreciate your help but didn't want to waste your time for a few dollars, thanks anyway.

have a look at their sold listings on ebay lol prepare to be amazed !

I get ya with it being a waste of $30 grabbing one from an n15 pulsar or something could of been a cheap option ;)

N15 pulsar doesn't fit,I've owned one before so don't tell me, read what I said Tiida hatchback is the same also some infinity models have the same but they are rare here.

Oh yeah it was $30 delivered.... Happy now

Edited by S15 sxytime

Fair enough man. No dramas but I didn't mind. Would've posted it same day.I parted my S15 last year and have still got a couple of 5 level racks full of miscellaneous parts that no one wants/needs in my garage. I would rather sell these left over bits for fuck all, even give them away to people who need and appreciate them rather than some cunt from Gumtree. I've been fucked around heaps on Gumtree but have also had a lot of successful sales. Over 15k in car parts over the last 12months. Gumtree cunts made me work for it though. Some of those cunts fucked me around so hard that you could analy rape me and I wouldn't feel it. I am immune. LOL.

I know what you mean with idiots on Gumtree, I'm restoring my 1971 Mk1 Capri and have collected alot of parts and selling surplus parts, I advised Mk1 Capri boot seal and this idiot turns up absolutely 100% sure that it will fit his gay ass shitty 90's convertible capri..

Fucking idiot!!!!

It takes a very special idiot to mistake a MK1 Capri for the convertible. I thought everyone that owned the convertibles were are of the peculiarity of that car line, same as MR2 owners know about how things changed with the MR-S...