Sign in to follow this  
ru55kj

Fake Tial wastegate parts interchangeable?

Hey guys,

So I've got myself a genuine tial 44mm mvr wastegate. However since I bought it used it was missing a valve seat and vband flanges.

I was thinking since these parts are not as critical as quality diaphragm for instance I could just order fake gate from AliExpress and gate seat and flanges from it. Price wise it would cost about the same, but potentially I'll have more spare parts this way.

If you aren't standing to save any money by getting a Chinese wastegate, then I would get genuine. If the Ali-express parts are faulty, that route will cost you double, and having spare parts that might not fit or might not be of adequate quality isn't very helpful.

As I said the wastegate is genuine. Just need some hardware to fit it up.

I fail to see what useable spare parts you will gain from buying a copy gate? Ive used fake tial parts that a mate bought for his car. The clamps are shit house. The seats are tight in the gate. The anodizing burns and goes off colour. The springs are not labelled the same. And i wouldnt trust the diaphragm. Oh and the gate leaks on idle so another indication on how good the seat and valve are.

Just buy the right parts from tial.

Ok, cool, that makes sense.

Another question, I have one clamp - how do I check if it's inlet or outlet? Apparently they are different....