Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

What sort of humour are you into

Figured this would be an interesting discussion with plenty of laughs from posted examples (comedians, sketch shows, tv shows)

A few of my favourites:

Bill Hicks - f**king hilarious as he spoke a very blunt & abrasive truth about not taking life seriously and just enjoying the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ySCcnoo3c

Monty Python - insane, random & brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

Discuss

I'm into alot of british comedy. stuff like I.T Crowd, mighty boosh, black books, that mitchell and webb look etc. Love some of older stuff like monty pythons, the goodies, young ones etc.

Not a huge fan of American stuff.

I'm into alot of british comedy. stuff like I.T Crowd, mighty boosh, black books, that mitchell and webb look etc. Love some of older stuff like monty pythons, the goodies, young ones etc.

A couple of quality shows there. I'm not big on American sit-coms, Seinfeld grew very old very quick IMO. Give me The Young Ones or Bottom it any day of the week.

Family guy

Seinfield

Bad Santa

Monty Python

The mighty boosh

Dumb and dumber

being stoned helps

Eddie Murphy's old stand up

Jason Byrne

Seinfeld

Wildboyz has it's moments

Jim Carey (older stuff)

Robin Williams

Nobody has said Chappelle yet!

-Dave Chappelle

-Bill Hicks

-Ricky Gervais

-Chris Rock

-Larry David (Seinfeld & Curb Your Enthusiasm)

-The Simpsons

Yeah gotta agree

-Dave Chappelle

-Arj Barker

-The Boondocks :shades:

Flight of The Conchords

Dave Chappelle also rates amongst the favs, I recall the first time I saw 'The black white supremacist' on his show, brilliant sketch comedy.

I like these lists, everything above (except FOTC).

+aqua teen

+darkplace

+micallef

+eddie izzard

+dylan moran

+monty python (again)

No.... holds.... barred...

Oh yeah... and classic Aussie stuff like donger...

And D-Gen..

and old (ish) english stuff too..

Like Fry and Laurie

I like these lists, everything above (except FOTC).

+aqua teen

+darkplace

+micallef

+eddie izzard

+dylan moran

+monty python (again)

Not a fan of Dylan Moran's stand up, but Black Books is classic. Which brings me onto another couple of favourites....

Bill Bailey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMNX11y0dVo

Daniel Kitson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbUqhxPGFXY

for me its the crew from Top Gear , thats hilarious , I dont watch alot of tv or movies , but I have to say its enough to make me laff , especialy tonight , and that trip they did from south Korea to North korea on the motor bike hahaaha

ARESSTED DEVELOPMENT

Dylan Moran

Demetri Martin

Michael Mcintrye

I see A31 has some god shit in common here.

Im over most commedy shows, maybe its me showing my age, or maybe its me moving with the times.

My kind of humour is Maddox

Most will liken him to David Thorne, but its the other way around.

The world doesnt have enough sarcasm, if there is another way to make a stupid person look stupider, then please tell me

For website humour I'd also include

Tucker Max- tell me you don't want to f**k a midget after reading his story about it.

Landover Baptist - a pisstake on groups like the Westbro Baptist Church (the 'God Hates Fags' redneck inbreds)

The best comedy team by far is "The Marx Brothers".

They made skits from 1900 to the 1950's and its way better than most comedy today,

They created several skits that are still used and are still funny, today, one of my favourite movies "A day at the races" and the skit "Tutsi Fruitsi Ice Cream".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LBIsDBC848

lots of good examples in here so i'd rather list the comedy i can't stand!

i don't know what comedy style it is, but Good News Week and The 7pm Project have never made me laugh, not even a tickle. they just dont seem to work as a group, more like individuals all trying to get their crappy punch lines out. not clever comedy, not silly, just crap that anyone could think up

as far as stand up goes, i appreciate everything from carlin to steve martin, i have no real styles i hate, but i prefer realism ones where it's a social commentary on the stupidity of people and the reality of situations.

EDIT: cant believe im the first to mention carlin, f**king hell.

Nobody has said Chappelle yet!

-Dave Chappelle

-Bill Hicks

-Ricky Gervais

-Chris Rock

-Larry David (Seinfeld & Curb Your Enthusiasm)

-The Simpsons

agreed on this list

chris rock would be the only one im slightly iffy about, he's good, but cant put him there with hicks and gervais.

also if u havent seen lee evens XL tour, definately worth a watch, f**king hilarious.

also this is gonna get me in shit cos there are so many online hate fanboys for him, but Dane Cook, as far as him stealing material, i dont know, but his delivery appeals to me.

Eddie Murphy, Tucker Max, Maddox, Simpsons, Family Guy, Mighty Boosh, Monty Python, IT Crowd, etc etc. I love most of it, just well and truly over the Adam Sandler days now.

lots of good examples in here so i'd rather list the comedy i can't stand!

i don't know what comedy style it is, but Good News Week and The 7pm Project have never made me laugh, not even a tickle. they just dont seem to work as a group, more like individuals all trying to get their crappy punch lines out. not clever comedy, not silly, just crap that anyone could think up

I'm not a fan of the 7pm project but I am a big fan of good news week. Paul McDermott is a champ. It does depend who's on though as I hate Kitty Flanagan and Akmal Saleh, actually I'll extend that to hating pretty much any ethnic stereotype comedy. I swear I can't think of one good black comedian (I guess Lenny Henry isn't too bad). Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Eddy Murphy, Bernie Mac. You're all black, we get it. Any 1 trick pony comedians like that e.g. Fiona 'I used to drink and I'm a bad mother'O'Loughlin. Corin Grant and Rove both shit me. lol ok enough bitching.

Bill Hicks is my f**king hero. Lano and Woodley, Ross Noble, Peter Burner, Dylan Moran, Rich Hall, Arj Barker, Will Anderson, Carl Baron, Jon Lajoie, Dave Callan, Jimeoin . Hamish Blake has his moments. I like Shaun Micallef though 'talking about my generation' is painful. Stephen Fry is alright. Adam Hills is good on spicks and specs. Andy Kaufman (just cause I love Man on the Moon). The Chaser guys are awesome. Tom Green is great at what he does :P

That's all I can think of for now.

also this is gonna get me in shit cos there are so many online hate fanboys for him, but Dane Cook, as far as him stealing material, i dont know, but his delivery appeals to me.

Oh yeah and I hate Dane Cook. But I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with my taste anyway so it's all good ^_^

oh ross noble.. shit yeah.

saw him live once. almost had to leave i couldn't stop laughing :lol:

*Waits for someone to mention a funny woman*

:lol:

Yeah I'm a massive Maddox fan and reckon I've read every post at least twice as he just doesn't write enough new material. The Chaser is also awesome!

Eddie Murphy is a strange one: I watched Delirious and Raw (millionth time) and I actually think they are either really overrated or simply didn't stand the test of time. If you removed the laughing audience I think you'd kind of sit there wondering whether that was really all that funny.

Don't rate physical comedy like Scared Weird Little Guys or Michael Richards (Kramer).

I usually can't stand British comedy but IT Crowd is awesome.

i cant stand usual brit/us sitcoms. they are so predictable and their jokes are all one liners. i like something that builds up and requires u to 'get it'. and absolutely love situation comedy.

Best example is Curb Your Enthusiasm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ps4EZz4B0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svfsiri50eM

And my all time hero Kenny Hotz from Kenny VS Spenny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO7M3TdfEM4

Sign in to follow this