Sign in to follow this  
Lude

Dubstep? Drum N Bass? Anyone into it?

On that note. Been pumping these lately. ( The first track was made by a 13 year old :))

anything done by these guys is generally bangin and filth.

that said, anything done by the following artists is generally shithouse and soft fluff:

- skream

- caspa

- rusko

- benga

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Yeah, the four that have produced some of the first big tracks and have defined the genre are shit rolleyes.gif

You can't have banger after banger anyway, otherwise it loses it's edge.

I can't stress enough how boring and pathetic all of those artists are.

Though a few of those names probably could make something heavy, the fact that they rarely do or just don't and are now part of tracklists on mainstream electronica faggotry mixtapes and compilations just shows what they stand for.

It's sad to see that even good artists like DOC.P are starting to do this, and it's frustrating, but whatever.

Banger after Banger isn't annoying or loses it's edge if they are innovative, big tracks with a difference.

Though they may have indeed been the 'pioneers' of the genre, they have never been good when you consider there's 16year old Yugoslav kids producing some of the filthiest and biggest tunes getting around.

People just overlook artists like these because they want music fed to them, and don't have the initiative to explore the genre further and seek new, exciting artists or sounds.

When you really break it down, though dubstep has always been a fusion or many styles / genres / sounds within itself, it's pretty evident to see that there are now many subgenres of dub's initial signature and foundation.

I guess it depends on how you like your music.

If you're into the whole rainbow lollypop fluffy cloud cotton candy meoldy bullshit with no big change ups / good heavy drums or filth in general, then you're probably a poof anyway and wouldn't know what good dub is if it was strapped to your ears.

Just because you start something doesn't mean you're good.

Look at aussie hiphop artists. Essentially every old school head or 'pioneer' are the ones who produce consistent garbage. You're 36years old, stop rapping, it's pathetic.

Same rules apply. Garbage is garbage.

Have a whinge.

Wow, your like a metal head. If someone becomes famous and successful then they are no longer good enough for you. How dare they make music that more than 100 people like.

if you like skrillex, listen to cinema. His most famous one.

doc.p and flux are playing next weekend again for those unaware, should be big.

for those who like metal / industral too, look into Scorn.

ex metal drummer i believe, Mick Harris [from memory]. His EP: Stealth is pretty bangin. Really slow, murky industrialism.

feels like your in a chamber suffocating.

good shit.

i will see you at flux/doc.p

also foreign beggars/skism/ cookie monsta are coming in april !! YAY!!!

i'm unsure if they're going to sydney, but i see no reason as to why they wouldn't.

lately we've had alot of big name acts downunder.

doc.p / bar9 / datsik / borgore / flux / stagga.

the fact that doc.p only played AUS about 4months ago just goes to show that we've got a strong following down here and it's worth his while - which is excellent.

i'm just hoping Current Value, Donny and some of the other Barcode Recordings guys come down to Melb again, will be large.

Merlz thanks for the Cooking Monsta / Foreign Beggars info, should be good.

I think Nine High, Smash Brothers, Fraksha or possibly even Strut may be support act too for the lineup.

Can't wait for Saturday, will be good.

Buy me a beer Merlz, as I'm currently poor.

Dubstache by DJPolishpat! Best 55 minutes of my life!

FILTHSTEP IS THE FUTURE IS DAMN RIGHT DIRTY AND ......... WOB WOBB WOBB HA HA HA

It's official - April will be big. All City Bass at Brown Alley:

Trolley Snatcha, Skizm, Foreign Beggars, Cookie Monsta + more.