Sign in to follow this  
MI55EE

Where are the good foods ?

I really , really enjoy eating out, in general i love food. but when i travel places, say on a weekend, you go somewhere you don't normally go. you get hungry and you have Mcdonalds, or dirty bird, and regret it straight after. I'd like to know good places to grab a feed that people reccomend in whatever area :) Like the other day, i went to newcastle to frontline hobbies, we were starving, and had KFC, woulda been nice to know of any good places to eat.

I'll start with a few.

Asian Chef - Terrigal NSW, it is takeaway only, but it is quick & tastes amazing- Mongolian Lamb

Trackside stone grill - West Gosford NSW - fresh rotation of historic cars on display, menu is amazing :) and they do a 3 course meal for $30 :)

Hungry Wolfs - Wyoming & Terrigal NSW. BEST PIZZA. Terrigal is right on the beach :)

Black Bird Cafe - Darling harbour NSW, packed at night, but good food, try the chicken & proscuitto kebabs with cheeses sauce.

and my all time favourite. i crave this every week,

The Bulgolgi - Chatswood NSW , sushi made fresh, asahi on tap, amazing dishes in salads, noodles, beef, chicken and little coal pot things you cook meat on. i happily drive from the coast to chatswood to eat here. There is a sushi that is inside out, with snitzel & tuna in it, covered in cheese melted with a blow torch, then has honey mustard sauce, have that with a mug of asahi. and omg.listen to me i'm such a fatty :P

see below my favourite dish.

photo13qo.th.jpg

Sokyo @ The Star - expensive but awesome modern interpretation of japanese (let the waiter design a menu for you)

Doytao Thai @ Drummoyne - i reckon this place has better thai food than in thailand.

Cafe Pacifico @ Darlinghurst - wicked mexican food with huge tequila menu

'Afghan tasty' in dandenong's main strip up near KFC, looks shit but food is amazing.

Best Bircher muesli in melb I found a few days ago. Martin st, gardenvale next to the lamborghini coffee shop. Don't know the name of cafe.

'Noisette' it's on bay street port Melbourne. You will not regret going there haha

Also 'the polish bakery' In dandenong, cheltenham rd. This place really belongs in toorak.

I heart food

Edited by omg_its_trent

If you're a fan of burgers, try the 'Double Bunga' at Outback Steakhouse.

Best burger i ever had.

Sokyo @ The Star - expensive but awesome modern interpretation of japanese (let the waiter design a menu for you)

Doytao Thai @ Drummoyne - i reckon this place has better thai food than in thailand.

Cafe Pacifico @ Darlinghurst - wicked mexican food with huge tequila menu

They need this in one building haha

anything charcoal chicken

Anything chicken. I love chicken. But mainly chicken breast. I struggle with anything else -_-

Mario's on Princess HWY Noble park. Right next to the kebab shop. (In between Noble Maccas and Sandown)

Farkin SO good. Italian joint. Best Pizzas and pastas and really well priced.

There is a little Deli on Bagot Rd in Elizabeth, SA. No idea what its called but their Spicy Works Chicken burger is one of the best available in this state.

Monte Carlo at noble park right across the maccas,best pizzas ever

yozzi kebabs at princes highway next to the power road.

Not a big fan of curries but happened to have some indian "naan roti" with "butter chicken" which is bit hot,but now im loving it. You can get it from any indian restaurant i guess

The best burgers in Australia are at Brod Burger in canberra.

If your ever there just ask a cabbie to take you there and they will know where it is.

pie in the sky at erina or on old pacific highway near berowra. Oh. Dear. God.

pie in the sky at erina or on old pacific highway near berowra. Oh. Dear. God.

that place is nothing compared to beefys pies on the bruce hwy just north of brisbane... the best pies i've ever had

the nazi chef @ wiley park hotel... awesome chicken wings but be careful when ordering, he's not called the nazi chef for nothing

Edited by richiez1983

ha, so far away! i will keep in mind though, going to surfers in a few weeks! :)

. and my all time favourite. i crave this every week, The Bulgolgi - Chatswood NSW , sushi made fresh, asahi on tap, amazing dishes in salads, noodles, beef, chicken and little coal pot things you cook meat on. i happily drive from the coast to chatswood to eat here. There is a sushi that is inside out, with snitzel & tuna in it, covered in cheese melted with a blow torch, then has honey mustard sauce, have that with a mug of asahi. and omg.listen to me i'm such a fatty :P see below my favourite dish. photo13qo.th.jpg

you know the wife and i had plans yesterday but they got canned and we were left with nothing to do, remembering this thread, we went to the Bulgolgi last night! bit of a treck from our house but i must say it was well worth it!!! good choice man!!!!! we got the korean wagu bbq and cheese/chicken roll. awesome!!

ok now i have a few places that you MUST go to, no ifs or buts.

1. The Austrian Schnitzelhaus. 163 Victoria road Gladesville - a long drive from our house but we go alot, the best german food around, pork knuckle, sauerkraut, schnitzel with herb butter sauce (omg droolz!!!) A MUST!

2. Brazza's - Brazilian BBQ 313 Barrenjoey road Newport - This is a 1 hour drive across Sydney from out west that we make ALL THE TIME, the best food/restaurant i have eaten at period. If you like all you can eat assorted meat skewers being delivered to your table all night long + pineapple off the grill GO! you must!!!!

3. considering you recommended Korean, there is a local Japanese sushi restaurant near my in laws house that we go to alot if we are in the area. 707 sushi. North Strathfield. their Japanese Wagu BBQ plate is good too, and cheaper than the Bulgolgi at only $50 per plate, their sushi is awesome too. I dont eat seafood, let alone sushi, but my mrs forced me to try it and it was good. cooked tuna roll, chicken katsu roll or white tiger rolls!!! YUM!

anyway here are pics from lastnight:

20120420204550.jpg

20120420204558.jpg

. and my all time favourite. i crave this every week, The Bulgolgi - Chatswood NSW , sushi made fresh, asahi on tap, amazing dishes in salads, noodles, beef, chicken and little coal pot things you cook meat on. i happily drive from the coast to chatswood to eat here. There is a sushi that is inside out, with snitzel & tuna in it, covered in cheese melted with a blow torch, then has honey mustard sauce, have that with a mug of asahi. and omg.listen to me i'm such a fatty :P see below my favourite dish. photo13qo.th.jpg

you know the wife and i had plans yesterday but they got canned and we were left with nothing to do, remembering this thread, we went to the Bulgolgi last night! bit of a treck from our house but i must say it was well worth it!!! good choice man!!!!! we got the korean wagu bbq and cheese/chicken roll. awesome!!

ok now i have a few places that you MUST go to, no ifs or buts.

1. The Austrian Schnitzelhaus. 163 Victoria road Gladesville - a long drive from our house but we go alot, the best german food around, pork knuckle, sauerkraut, schnitzel with herb butter sauce (omg droolz!!!) A MUST!

2. Brazza's - Brazilian BBQ 313 Barrenjoey road Newport - This is a 1 hour drive across Sydney from out west that we make ALL THE TIME, the best food/restaurant i have eaten at period. If you like all you can eat assorted meat skewers being delivered to your table all night long + pineapple off the grill GO! you must!!!!

3. considering you recommended Korean, there is a local Japanese sushi restaurant near my in laws house that we go to alot if we are in the area. 707 sushi. North Strathfield. their Japanese Wagu BBQ plate is good too, and cheaper than the Bulgolgi at only $50 per plate, their sushi is awesome too. I dont eat seafood, let alone sushi, but my mrs forced me to try it and it was good. cooked tuna roll, chicken katsu roll or white tiger rolls!!! YUM!

anyway here are pics from lastnight:

20120420204550.jpg

20120420204558.jpg

ahh man i really want tuna and chicken roll now!

its is a hike, its like an hour + for us!

and we have one of those snitzel house things here on the coast. never been, but i hear magical talk of 1 kg shnitzel & 1 litre of beer....

Petersham Charcoal Chicken - best burgers

The Taste of Shanghai - They have a few locations, this is basically my new go to Chinese restaurant

Braza - Brazilian restaurant in Leichhardt (just saw Cros13 recommended this)

http://www.tasteofshanghai.com.au/

http://www.braza.com.au/

Edited by mreges

^^^^

yep, however i found the one in leichhardt to be abit on the salty side, newport is good, and the new one at darling harbor is nice too.

charcoal kingdom princes hwy rockdale. some other guy here recommended it for the garlic sauce and holy f**king god is it amazing.

best BBQ chicken you will ever eat.

David and camy noodle in box hill. Best dumplings in melb. Also tandoori den in camberwell for awesome indian

if you have some spare cash, VLADOS on bridge st richmond. best steak in the freakin world. it will be my choice for the rest of my life. $100 minimum per person but worth every penny. also, you must book for this place. it is booked out 7 nights a week so call up in advance.

also, best wings around are at Kodiak Club in Brunswick. 4 dozen on a big night per person is the best way to end a sat night/start a sunday morning.

Edited by Bossballer

Hey MIS5Y, try hungry wolfs at Wyoming they have the same pizzas for $15 all you can eat made to order!!!! Only mon to wed tho I think.. It's freakin awesome.

Hey MIS5Y, try hungry wolfs at Wyoming they have the same pizzas for $15 all you can eat made to order!!!! Only mon to wed tho I think.. It's freakin awesome.

yeah i work in that area, i get there $5 pizza's for lunch , they are the best!

there are some real good sounding places out there guys! keep 'em coming!

try pauls famour burger... in on pricess highway just after ugly tom bridge.. they got the best burger and nice peanut butter milkshake =]