Sign in to follow this  
King Troll

should i be losing my license?

shit be all f**ked up

well, on the 3rd of march i got done for excessive noise and my car was impounded. i was on my Ps at the time and only had 1 demerit (merit) point left, the charge for excessive noise has 3 points

fast forward a month to the beginning of april, and i got off my Ps and got my full license. this got me an extra 4 points giving me a total of 5

at the end of april my court hearing happened but i didnt go. so yesterday i got the results in the mail for the fine which was $200 and 3 demerits, i was pretty happy with the small fine

today i got more shit in the mail. it says iv accumulated too many points and face suspension, my offences are listed and it states the total of 10 points, even though right now i have 12 which would leave me with 2.

i called up the number and she said the because at the time of the offence i only had a total of 8, iv gone over. but because im off my Ps now, i dont lose everything and have to start again. i can suspend it for 3 months or go on double or nothing. i thought yeh it sucks but owell

now im reading this http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/LBU_DL_B_DoubleOrNothingFactSheet.pdf

it clearly says double or nothing is available to those who have accumulated 12 points (iv only got 10) and further down (bottom of page 3) it also says that if you've accumulated 12-15 points you will have your license suspended for 3 months

iv only got 10? no where does it agree with what i was told on the phone?

im gonna go there in a few weeks but for now do any gurus care to shed some light on this?

if you had 1 point at the time of offence and you lost 3 points then you are f**ked? Im not at all familiar with WA law but that makes sense to me. Pretty sure here the time of offence applies to what you had at the time. Not whatever points you gained while waiting for the court hearing.

Also how did you go from having 5 points to 12 to 10?

My apologies if I am being a tard. Had a few drinks tonight :D

Edited by EnFlaMEd

Dont do double or nothing if you drive alot or drive a cop bait car. I got 51 Weeks into mine when the cop pulled me over and raped me with a BS fine cause we knew I had one point and a week left.

You accumulate points. Not take away, losing more then a set amount of points in a three year window time frame you encounter these two options. Being p plates it may have been aslittle as 6 points over the date of the first offence til 36 months after that..

Had the same thing happen to me. Got 52 weeks and got done for a BS thing.

if you had 1 point at the time of offence and you lost 3 points then you are f**ked? Im not at all familiar with WA law but that makes sense to me. Pretty sure here the time of offence applies to what you had at the time. Not whatever points you gained while waiting for the court hearing.

Also how did you go from having 5 points to 12 to 10?

My apologies if I am being a tard. Had a few drinks tonight :D

i had 5 left, then had 2 left after this last offence

Dont do double or nothing if you drive alot or drive a cop bait car. I got 51 Weeks into mine when the cop pulled me over and raped me with a BS fine cause we knew I had one point and a week left.

eh, iv just done 6 months on 1 point. cops wont give me a fine for no reason and over here a defect doesnt get you a fine either

This might sound crazy, but 'contest' the fine... go to court and plead guilty on the spot.... the date of your conviction might get recorded as the date the points are applied instead of the date of infringement... please check this with a lawyer first lol but that would be my first inclination.... also you will have a court conviction for the rest of your life....

Edited by Kez180

My wife got his letter in the mail. Loss of liscence for 3 months for accumulating too many points. I told her to take the 3 months, as lets be honest..... She is a chick and doesn't really concentrate when she drives (not generalizing at all). Anyway she went for the 12 months no points and kept her liscence. She lasted 2 weeks and got do t doing a u turn illegally.

She is now 3 months into a 6 month suspension. It sucks man. I gotta drive her everywhere. Plus I have kids at school.

My advice..... Take the 3 months.

Wtf is excessive noise(I dont mean literally)? How is it worth 3 points and an impound?

Wtf is excessive noise(I dont mean literally)? How is it worth 3 points and an impound?

Isnt it anything over 90db from your exhaust?

or 110db (i think i am wrong here) from your stereo?

^yes you're very wrong

excessive noise refers to noise coming from the tyres (screeching). its actually called "excessive noise/smoke" and is an instant impound for 28 days

anyway, according to the website double or nothing lasts for 12 months....f**k that :P if thats the case ill give it up for 3 months then start fresh

it can be any noise from the car that is excessive when compared to the regular noises of car, ie sitting at light revving the guts outta your pos commodore is excessive noise and of course its one of the many broad as laws under the broad umbrella that is the hoon law hence the impound, but anyway

fines and the points they get you are applied to you at the time of offence and are applied to your situation at that time regardless of how long afterwards your court date is so if those points put you over your limit at the time of offence you lose your licence, as you should, doesn't matter that since then you've got your full licence.

if i was you id be happy they are letting you keep your licence after the suspension and not making you do it all over again, take the 3 month and keep quiet about it, if you push the matter you might end up worse off

I know here in QLD it goes by the conditions you were under at the time of the offense. A friend got done going through a late yellow, 3 points while on a good behavior (1 point). He and his lawyer postponed the hearing for 6 months or so while he continued to work (manual license requirement) and hoped on the off chance the points he had deducted from old offenses would keep him in the green. In the end it didn't matter as the judge ruled based on him having 1 point, not more.