Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein: The New Order by MachineGames, will arrive for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC at the end of the year, Bethesda just announced over at GameSpot. (Versions for next-gen consoles are also coming.) That’s the debut trailer. The game is set in 1960 but, yes, Nazis will still be the bad guys.

That’s because they won World War II, at least for purposes of this story. So B.J. Blazkowicz is back in action against the ruling order, charged with mounting an “impossible counter-offensive” to overthrow the Nazi regime.

Nazi Mechs and other superweapons feature into this alternate reality, but evidently Jimi Hendrix still was born and managed to cover “All Along the Watchtower” seven years before Bob Dylan wrote it.

Robots? Really?

I thought the same thing and then I remembered this

images.jpg

:lol:

Also the devs have confirmed that there will be no multiplayer mode at all.

No multiplayer? Day one buy. I'd love a long, in depth campaign in a shooter for once.

I thought the same thing and then I remembered this

images.jpg

laugh.png

Also the devs have confirmed that there will be no multiplayer mode at all.

yeah, i guess....

No multiplayer? Day one buy. I'd love a long, in depth campaign in a shooter for once.

I'm with this guy ^^

Chaser wub :wub:

Thats a plus for me too. A game made without expending half their resources on multiplayer sounds great.

last Wolfenstein was a letdown, do not want

This is by a completely different dev so don't judge it solely on the last game.

MachineGames did a great job with The Darkness imo. That was a hidden gem game on the ps3 that not many people played or probably even heard about.

http://www.ps3trophi...ed-to-2014.html

Bethesda has delayed Wolfenstein: The New Order.

The Nazi-blasting shooter was originally intended to roll out this year, but it now won’t hit until 2014.

Speaking to Polygon Bethesda's Pete Hines explained that the game simply isn’t ready yet, due in part to the fact it’s launching on both current and next-gen systems.

"Working on next-gen and current gen definitely has an impact,” he said. “You're developing for two different things. The fact that the next-gen stuff is still moving is also definitely a factor.

"But the most important thing was definitely just looking where it was at, what they needed to polish. Because it's just not trying to be a shooter, bcause it's trying to be a shooter that also has driving elements, story elements, narrative, stealth sections - each one of those has to be excellent," he added.

Bad news, but we’d rather suffer a delay for a GOOD game, rather than get a crap one on time.

Shit :(

Edited by Pervy

Fingers crossed it can be good... i loved return to castle wolfenstein back in the day

The last wolfenstien was sick! With those crystals and stuff i thought it was mad.

Return to castle wolfenstien was also a great game.

I like these style of games. Seeing that Bestheda is making it - going from fallout games hopefully it should be a rich story!

I didn't realise it was being made by Bethesda.

I won't bother paying money for this game until Fallout New Vegas actually makes it to the home screen without crashing on my PC.

I might be waiting a while....

I didn't realise it was being made by Bethesda.

I won't bother paying money for this game until Fallout New Vegas actually makes it to the home screen without crashing on my PC.

I might be waiting a while....

I wasn't a fan of Fallout New Vegas.

I was a fan of Fallout 3.

They do make good games albeit very buggy.

This isn't running on the gamebryo engine so you won't have to worry about that.

New release date has been announced. Pushed back considerably.

Clever way of showing it though :P

google_img20140219-27430-tksveo.jpg

Boxart revealed

Bg2kXQICUAAN_74.jpg

wolf_tno_finalbox_flat_pcbox.jpg

I’ve just pre-ordered Wolfenstein, where’s my DOOM beta key?

An insert will be included inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order. This insert will include a key code along with code redemption instructions. Once the key code is redeemed, you’ll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Check back at wolfenstein.com/doom for updated information.

What is the release date of Wolfenstein: The New Order?

Wolfenstein: The New Order will be available on May 20, 2014 in North America and May 23, 2014 in Europe for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

How do I redeem my code?

Once you’ve received your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, simply return to wolfenstein.com/doom and follow the code redemption instructions located on the enclosed DOOM beta insert. Once you enter your code you will be asked to provide a valid email address. We'll contact you at a later date through the email address provided with further instructions on the DOOM beta

Do I need to specify what platform I want to play the DOOM beta?

Prior to the start of the DOOM beta, you will be contacted at the email address provided during the code redemption process. At that time, we will provide additional information on timing, available options, and other important news and information. Beta timing and platform options are subject to Bethesda Softworks’ discretion.

What is the DOOM beta? How long will it last?

We will be providing more information on the specific content and duration of the beta test at a later time.

When does the DOOM beta start?

Although you’ll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won’t begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process.

Will there be an Open Beta for DOOM?

Timing and availability of future beta programs for DOOM is to be determined. The only current way to ensure access is through pre-ordering Wolfenstein: The New Order. We will be providing more information on additional beta tests, if any, at a later time.

Edited by Pervy

Polygon

The new Wolfenstein managed to unsettle me for a different reason. I don't get sick playing first-person shooters, but its display of graphic violence and Nazi-inflicted atrocity got to me. One sequence in particular from the game's first chapter disturbed me, enough to be convinced that developer MachineGames is making the new Wolfenstein a solid, old-school shooter wrapped around a chilling horror game.[/indent]

Game Informer

I sat down for my demo recently in New York with a clear set of expectations. I knew that there would be Nazis (and a plentiful supply of armaments to dispose of them). I was aware of the giant robotic dogs and heavily armored stormtroopers. I came prepared for a world dominated by evil.

I was not prepared to care about the characters. I won’t kid you; Wolfenstein is very much a shooter dyed in the blood of its predecessors. You pick up discarded helmets and robotic armor pieces (manually, and not by walking over them), which somehow translate into protection for protagonist William “BJ” Blazkowicz. You find food and scattered health packs that immediately restore and “overcharge” your health.[/indent]

Joystiq

There's little in the opening hours to suggest MachineGames' shooter is as revolutionary as its tyrannical fuhrer, not that the game is professing to change the world, really. I'd like to see more games employ its retro-coated take on rechargeable health, displaying the health in numbers and having it recharge in segments of 20. Meanwhile, a perks system rewards feats like killing two enemies with one grenade or making ten dual-wield kills, and it offers bonuses like vampiric health absorption and greater dual-wield dismemberment. There's a decent balance of feats I achieve naturally and ones I undertake more artificially.[/indent]

Venturebeat

But this new Wolfenstein isn’t leading you by the nose the entire time. Every level in the demo branched out multiple times into wider gunfight arenas with several methods of approach. These paths are usually split between a stealthy and guns-blazing method of confrontation. Blazkowicz can traverse buildings making up a Nazi checkpoint by traveling across patios or rooftops, by kicking down doors, or by speeding down a zip line. Health packs scattered throughout the levels provide the only way for you to regain energy — one of a few callbacks to Wolfenstein’s roots.[/indent]

VG247

As a largely linear, single-player-only experience, Wolfenstein: The New Order is relying on the strength of its narrative and the entertainment factor of its gunplay to impress prospective players and early impressions suggest MachineGames is both willing and able to provide references to the past while grounding its mechanics in the present. However, while instances of dark humour and allusions to gruesome events have no problem sitting side-by-side, the peculiar earnestness of Blazkowicz’s po-faced delivery often makes him stand out in this extraordinary world of deliberately unhinged Nazi commanders and giant robot dogs.[/indent]

Push Square

Standard controls apply, with the PlayStation 4’s triggers helping to bring the weighty, well-balanced gunplay to its brilliant best. Speaking of which, the guns feel incredibly powerful, and the game doesn’t shy away from the destructive power such weaponry would yield. Noggins pop like watermelons when you snap off a satisfying headshot, and the outstanding audio design makes each kill feel even more visceral.[/indent]

CVG

The shooting itself feels good: we used a trusty ol' assault rifle during most of our session, which can be dual-wielded, like any other weapon, for maximum death. The New Order mixes common duck-and-cover and circle strafing manoeuvres with a leaning system, which proves more essential as the game progresses - especially for stealthy approaches.

Running around like a tank is not viable, though standing still is equally dangerous: enemies flank from all directions and manageable tiffs can turn nasty very quickly. This, combined with immediate use collectibles and the constant need to scavenge for health and ammunition, makes The New Order a pleasingly old-school and often thrillingly challenging FPS. A Call of Duty shooting gallery this ain't.[/indent]

Edited by Pervy

Wasn that keen... a lot more keen after reading all of that. I LOVED return to castle wolfenstein so this may be a winner...

Currently $48 on GreenManGaming with the 20% off voucher code O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK

http://www.greenmang...tein-new-order/

Compared to $89.99 on Steam

You get the beta for Doom 4 and a free copy of Return To Castle Wolfenstein for pre-ordering.

I've got my order in.

$43 on OzGameShop. It'll probably go up overnight :)