Sign in to follow this  
Pimp My Ride

r34 bm50 work with r33 brakes on a s15

can anyone confirm the r34 gtt bm50 + brake booster will work with r33 front and rear brakes on a Nissan silvia s15??? ive done some research on the skyline forums but cannot be 100% sure itll work with the r33 brakes on the s15. some information I gathered to why the s15 bm50 should be changed to skyline bm50 is because when upgrading the rear brakes to Skyline 2 pot calipers it will probably result in less braking force going to the rears under high brake pressures. The best option would therfore to swap the S15 MC for a BM50 from a 300zx or Skyline BM50. the models include R32 GT-T M-spec BM50 25.4mm R32 GTR non Brembo BM50 25.4mm

and r34 gtt apparently. my supplier has neither but the r34 so need to confirm before I buy it - thanks in advanced

I can't help mate but try asking in the ns forums, there's no action in here

Edited by essonefive

I'm running a BM50 and R33 brakes front and rear in my S13. I did a fair bit of research and I'm quite sure that the BM50s are all the same, some have an extra port for ABS however so you will need one with or without ABS ports to suite your car. I believe the only thing you may have to do is to get brake lines custom made to be the right length otherwise everything is a fairly straight swap.

im running a BM50 on my 180sx as well with R33 brakes. No abs

runs quite well

I'm geting bm44 from r33gtst installed in my s15 with r33 twin pot rear brakes.

Basically this way I'll get whole skyline brake setup in s15... Cannot go wrong with it.