Sign in to follow this  
jaker33

regency

Hey crew quick question, my girlfriend will be buying a s15 from interstate and bringing it to adelaide, my question is in regards to suspension, the suspension on the car is above legal height but it is adjustable would this make it through regency not on a complience check just a check to make sure its roadworthy so we can get SA plates? thanks heaps

you #should# be right if its above legal and doesnt stick out like dogs balls.

basicly if they spot anything on the car that gives them a reason to send it over the pits properly. they will.

Try first mate... No point spending coin and going to the hassle if they might just let it through.

Unless you have all the stock gear and a hoist?

Guessing your talking coilovers, just get a cheap set of standards and put them in. Its dirt cheap and takes no time at all to do. Not worth the risk of having to go through a full inspection later. Regency is a bitch!!!

• Downvote 1

Don't need a hoist to change coilovers hahahhaa I have regency spec (standard) S14/15 struts

I could lend for some beverages if ya need to :D

Jake I took the 34 through with no hassles and that had way dark tint and turbo timer. They just check numbers and send you on your way

Tinted windows is a bit different to coilovers ...

Mate took a mr2 thru for a id check ... Saw his coilovers and had to go for a full inspection

Jake I took the 34 through with no hassles and that had way dark tint and turbo timer. They just check numbers and send you on your way

my aunty brought a astra from Victoria and had to remove tint so I guess it depends on the guy inspecting

i'd go back to factory as much as you can mate, when i put my evo v through i put some stock struts back in, and they still pinged me for a turbo timer that was well hidden.

ive heard there a bit more lenient if you rock up nice and early in the morning

A. Regency wont approve coilovers because of the adjustability. One option is to weld the rings in place.

B. Most coilovers will fail anyway because they have less than 2/3'rds the stroke of the original struts...

Up to you, on a good day, they mightnt get noticed. On an average day, they will, and you'll have to come back for a full inspection where they'll go through everything.

okay thanks heaps guys! i have a stock standard s15 which i could swap my parts onto hers but if i could get away without doing it would be great haha,

yeah i thought of the r34 before posting this, and to be fair i still couldtn work out that turbo timer and i had the car for nearly 2 years haha ! um another thing is the car had an exhaust on it when they imported it, looks like a 2.5 - 3 inch turbo back but they have put the standard muffler back onto the car and its super quite but do you all think they might not like the piping? still has all the heat sheilding on the turbo and dump pipe etc just the rest of it is aftermarket, it also has a front after market strut brace too if that would get through?

Don't need a hoist to change coilovers hahahhaa I have regency spec (standard) S14/15 struts

I could lend for some beverages if ya need to biggrin.png

if everyone is thinking i probably wont get it through with these i might take you up on that haha !

No probs . Might as well. Pretty easy job that could save some hassle .

When I had to deal with removing a defect I put everything standard back on except the intercooler. I know your only changing plates but it is regency after all and you honestly don't want to deal with having it defected. Then if you have room in the shed you can keep your standard parts in case of a defect in the future like I have

• Downvote 1

yeah i thought of the r34 before posting this, and to be fair i still couldtn work out that turbo timer and i had the car for nearly 2 years haha ! um another thing is the car had an exhaust on it when they imported it, looks like a 2.5 - 3 inch turbo back but they have put the standard muffler back onto the car and its super quite but do you all think they might not like the piping? still has all the heat sheilding on the turbo and dump pipe etc just the rest of it is aftermarket, it also has a front after market strut brace too if that would get through?

going threw ID inspection, you can pass with front mount, struct brace, dump pipe etc only thing is change the muffler no need to change the whole setup and would highly reconnmend you change the suspension back to standard, some would let you off and some wouldnt and same goes to tinted windows, and also just make sure none of the piping work arnt dodgey and nothing moves aorund and about and its piss easy to get SA plates, goodluck :thumb:

Okay thanks heaps for all the replys guys, il just swap the suspension over to be on the safe side and make it stock as a rock to save any bs :)

I've been through with my type x and yes they will possibly pick it,they are more strict than everyone says !! lots get knocked back for tint , and every couple cars gets randomly put on the hoist!! depends on who you get at the time and if the hoist is in use already! i got lucky with a young dude who basically told me to get out of there before one of the other guys comes and check it out!!

All depends on who you get on the day because I hear of all these horror stories and other days you hear of like Hally's example. I put my car back to standard except the front mount when I went through and they checked EVERYTHING. I had 2 things they picked up on which were the front indicators weren't Australian standard and the rear number plate was bent a little to fit in the rear bumper but let me through anyway. I was put on the hoist and everything it was real thorough.

• Downvote 2

Dam I thought interstate cars they just check the id plates etc never knew they could send you to the pits ...and I was looking interstate for purchase now doesn't seem that's a option

Hey guys thoughtI might leave an update on how the car went, we took it to the car inspection at lonsdale and it didnt pass due to suspension so replaced that with standard and went back again, the car did not pass again this time due to the standard spec R boost gauge on the A pillar and a disconnected turbo timer, so we took all that off and went back a third time and it passed.

very frustrating process and for them to defect a standard part is frustrating but oh well over and done with the car now has SA plates !

thanks for all your feedback everyone !

• Upvote 1

f**k you got ass fuxked

Truck on here took through his old school ford. Loud as fuxk chunky as f**k wrong engine etc and not a question asked

Same as me. Patrol 3" lift 3" exhaust . Fairly loud wrong engine and all they did was check and chane the numbers

Hey guys thoughtI might leave an update on how the car went, we took it to the car inspection at lonsdale and it didnt pass due to suspension so replaced that with standard and went back again, the car did not pass again this time due to the standard spec R boost gauge on the A pillar and a disconnected turbo timer, so we took all that off and went back a third time and it passed.

very frustrating process and for them to defect a standard part is frustrating but oh well over and done with the car now has SA plates !

thanks for all your feedback everyone !

I'd ask for your money back for your third visit. They should have picked up the gauge and turbo timer the first time.

• Downvote 1

yeh and you should get compensation when cops wrongfully defect you but doesnt happen

Yeah we really had to luck but we only had to pay once as they didnt keep a record of us coming back so theres a win for us.