Sign in to follow this  
SPRIGGAN82

Help! R34 pulling left after wheel alignment

Hi guys anyone here a wheel aligner i had my r34 done today and it's now pulling to left and the guy sez that's coz I don't have enough camber adjustment and I'll have to get adjustable upper camber arms (have coilovers btw) I thought that the castor would determine more side pull if uneven or maybe really uneven camber I don't know his castor results seemed a little off to me same as camber which were closer before he adjusted them, I got new tyres on the front if that helps it did veer of to the left slightly but not as bad as now can someone please have a look at the results and confirm if it's been done ok thank you in advanced

image.jpg

Edited by SPRIGGAN82

try swapping the front tyres. no reason it should be pulling left going by the specs.

should hqve been heaps worse before

Ignoring castor for a second... The most basic principle of wheel aligning is that a vehicle will always pull to the side with the most positive camber.

In theory the castor should have sorted it out but there is a limit

Cars in RHD countries should gently list to the left anyway.

But yeah, I'd sway the front tyres over and see how it goes.

Cars in RHD countries should gently list to the left anyway.

But yeah, I'd sway the front tyres over and see how it goes.

You are absolutely right... Something like over 300 meters you should cross out of your lane! Very slight but quite noticeable on a heavily cambered road. Reason being it is the authorities opinion that 1 fatality is better than many if you were to fall asleep at the wheel. Hence why alot if passenger vehicles do not come with castor adjustment from the factory! They are designed not to pull into oncoming traffic