Missing my power days this week lol, working with dad making some concrete blocks and welding moulds for said blocks

He said I'll have about 15 hrs a week work which will be nice little extra money boost

I'm also looking into getting into tig welding to use as my primary attack since everything I do is thin and I'm just agreeing with everything I hear about tig.

Except for the prep, having seperate discs per metal type and all that lol, can't really see myself being that organised

Updates won't be long

My main priority at the moment would be money gathering lol, for rollcage and gearbox.

edit: got some headlight supports if you noticed I sold mine lol

got a big 2.4 x 1.2m x 0.55mm sheet of zinc for free so I'll use that for door cards and quarter plexi surrounds

Edited by Danie l

My dad's putting a shed up in a couple weeks where our new house is going (slab is down, approved an shit) so the 180 is gonna have a nice little cave to live in soon,

that's why I haven't bolted in the handbrake, seats, mirror etc as they'd just get rained on

(no windscreen atm, quarter glass covers aren't made yet and no door windows ever lol)

I'm probably going to get the windscreen from my s13 coupe but they're such a bitch to take out

I HATED getting the LH quarter glass out (unsmashed method obviously)

I also need to find out what kind of generator I can get my hands on for a couple days to seam weld the chassis

I know it's painted already, i'm not a pro welder, or drifter

so only doing 2mm per 50mm inches of seam (1/8" per 2") and not every single seam to keep the heat down/amount of work/being realistic

f**king got stuck doing stuff for a mate on his CA, wasted monday and tuesday again this week pretty annoying,

worse was the CA, f**k those things, had to change injectors and intake gasket so plenum off. Got paid shit too woulda much preferred to work for dad that day he needed me

Basically I'm whinging, nothing happening this week.

ey made some quarter covers today,

0.5mm zinc sheet i cut to shape and marked

Plexi I cut long ago (exact size of stock clear section of qtr glass)

007.JPG

Drilled and cut out to get the nibbler (air) in middle

002.JPG006.JPG

027.JPG

Hood pins finished (crimped wire to front reo bolts and lynch clips)

010.JPG

and got some kouki taillights!! :quagmire: :quagmire:

014.JPG

Locals may know who's they were, that sr20 180sx with the hole out the quarter lol

Got them cheap (parts trade) from the guy who bought the car

obv. cheap because ones cactus

015.JPG

I dremelled a V into the cracks, hot glued and then dremel sanded it flat again like bog.

Needs to be polished now (has had 2000grit sand pad on dremel) and painted with red transluscent paint (red niteshades)

Will paint it after I hot glue something to cover the hole

023.JPG

Side mirrors bolted on

024.JPG

Hopefully tomorrow I get enough done to finish the floor mats (checkerplate aluminium,) bolt on hatch, maybe headlights, front fenders, cut some door cards from 1.4 x 1.2m 0.5mm sheet of zinc (just enough,) and whatever else I find to do.

I made up a dope little battery box kit tonight. 3.5M OOGauge power wire completely wrapped in corrugated, dremel sanded the terminals and sprayed.

80cm OOOGauge earth wire with same corrugated tubing and fresh terminals, battery box washed and put a bungee strap in there for the top cover, and a stock s13 battery tiedown to hold the actual battery and box down

030.JPG

Edited by Danie l

Look inside this piece of shit

009.JPG

010.JPG011.JPG

Pissed but don't care just gonna move on an rebuild the head

The block, rotating assembly, manifolds, injectors, spark plugs (platinum bosch) turbos and sump are mint

Will pop on a water pump since it's apart now, and might consider an oil pump

012.JPG

011.JPG010.JPG

007.JPG015.JPG

I have 2JZ cams to go in, 2JZ JDM injectors (440cc) and the drive belt and timing belt are fresh Gates belts already

014.JPG

009.JPG

Got the alternator, ps pump, ac bracket, water neck, and water pump off for tonight

Took of the exhaust cam followers (in torque order ofc) will do inlet tomorrow and then get into head studs

018.JPG019.JPG

020.JPG021.JPG

022.JPG023.JPG

024.JPG

001.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

Swapped the S13 coupe today for a w58 and 4 pairs of skidders

Found out these black pair is a 17 x 9.5 +25 pair of desmond SSR XRV's

Edited by Danie l

List til first skid

(Yeah it's bigger lol, but it's realistic and complete, and the only place I'm logging so like the thread it's mainly for personal referral)

Running gear

-Painted floor & rails (under car)

-Reconed crossmember and subframe

-Front and Rear LCA new ball joints

-Cradle bushes

-Brake booster and master cyl - considering pedal box

-LSD Diff oil, Brake & Powersteer fluids

-WELD THE DIFF!! I held one side and it's not locked like previously assumed.

-Line up rack ends, dump coilovers (lower,) visual allignment, tension all arms/crossmember/subframe to specs

Engine

-Starter motor/Not necessary

-Front sump setup

-Intercooler piping

-Exhaust

-Do whatever I'm doing with the cylinder head, either rebuild or just 2jz cams and clean it.

-Check up wiring matches plugs etc, wire in saf-c, bee-r, etc.

-Alloy rad

-Vacuum lines & Fuel lines

-Tailshaft modded for w58

-W58 gearbox w/ shifter and mounts

-w58 1jz bellhousing, 1jz flywheel & clutch

-Engine mounts, bolted on and everything checked tight

-1 x 10L bottle Nulon Coolant post-mix (demineralised water)

-Rad overflow and cap/s

-Prime oil systems (turbos and block, not talking like a f**kwit lol)

-Flush the living jesus out of and bleed cooling system

MISC

-Paint the interior enamel white

-Bolt on mirrors, doors, handles, door latches, bonnet hinges, bonnet, hatch, sunroof & front fenders

-Bolt in personals eg. bride seat, passenger seat, steering wheel, rearview mirror, dash, handbrake, ecu etc. (This only happens once my dads shed is up soon, as it's far from watertight lol

-Plan engine bay so I don't f**k around later (where ps fluid bottle is, where rad overflow is, heatshield around turbos or pedal box? etc.)

-Fuel tank and main pump

-2L Surge tank w/ Speedflow fittings & Bosch 040

-Teflon fuel lines (To allow for future E85 I am DEFINATELY doing after it's running) :wheelchair:

-Plumb hydro handbrake w/ tap

-Flush brake lines via bleeding (bleeding obviously already done when finished)

-Flush and bleed ^^ for the PS fluid system

-Organise ignition/dash/body side loom for elctricals to start engine

-Rollcage (half cage done) with side intrusions & front fender/strut bars

Later on

-Door, boot & bonnet latches

-Sunroof

-Doors and hatch gutted

-Custom hood pins

-Custom quarter glas covers

-Wrinkle black engine bay

-Hydro handbrake and setup

-Apexi SAFC2

-Low mount reo bar for fuel tank

-Complete custom body loom

Gonna have a crack at something innovative and custom for oil vent catch can tomorrow :)

002.JPG

Edited by Danie l

Had a f**king rough time lately so haven't done much, here's just a bracket for bee-r into dash

Case off to measure where I can drill into safely

002.JPG

Screws cut and covered in silicone (not pictured) to avoid shorts

003.JPG

Done

(brackets go behind metal sheet, no need for paint)

004.JPG

Not that pro but easy to do and easily holds the 500grams it needs to

Not gonna publish my life problems but here's sme more light work I did

Cleaned up rose-joints (all Tein, bushes OK not schmick)

Tape is to indicate left side (because bolts in)

001.JPG

Gearbox002.JPG003.JPG

004.JPG

Nut sanded with dremel, pole grinded with grinder and got the welder out

005.JPG

I now pronounce you nut & pole

006.JPG

Ground again to flush up

008.JPG

Lol laughed when I took this pic, took no pics in between I always just get carried away, weld, grind, paint and then look over at the phone

Gearbox has since been cleaned (hardout washed) and shifter bolted on and torqued to spec

Fluid is drained, stunk.

next move is today I'm putting on those rose-joints etc (from silvia I sold)

Edited by Danie l
  • Upvote 1

Rear is done, just need to torque arms, subframe and remove diff again..

Rose joint camber, toe & hsd fully adjutsable coilovers

010.JPG011.JPG

009.JPG

Just got to bolt on front coils, castors and line up the rack ends toe out, then it will be 90% rolling.. (Diff out for special treatment, driveshaft not in yet)

Is it just me, or is the drivers toe arm bent?

• Downvote 1

yea it is man good spotting haha

all those rose joint have bad bushes too. Almost trash really.

I'll see how it drives when the time comes but that's only a $300ish thing to get all new

Bout to post update of the front suspension I did today

Castor arms and front coilovers are in

003.JPG

004.JPG

RH tie rod in a tad, just straight enough to get off the trailer soon

006.JPG007.JPG

005.JPG

010.JPG

Moving the 180 today, just a couple metres for now.

I was gonna move to other yard at logan but it's only weeks away til the sheds up, which I am going to wait for due to security. It's not really a rough area, nowhere near as rough as my suburb atm, but I'm just not risking theft again aha, f**k that

Once it is in that new shed, it'll be so fun I get to do the cool stuff, bride seat, battery box, start wiring etc.

All in a nice clean shed where I don't have to reclean the *milkshake* every week. (With POWER/WATER!! :quagmire: )

No water meant bringing a lot to drink, bringing water to clean stuff.. Bringing stuff home to clean.. And that beastly little 2-stroke genny can go into semi-retirement and I can use actual power tools with more than 800W input lol

I'll be sandblasting those 9.5" xrv's I got and painting them nicely this arvo after moving the 180, and will keep eyes out for some 225 40 17s to spread on.

Those'll be my fronts and those 16"/8" 6 spokes that are currently on can be my rears for now. I'll prob end up wth like 30mm spacers at the rear so shit offset skid wheels aren't so engulfed away in the arch

Edited by Danie l

On the ground and fully rolling, i actually developed a hate for those taillights lol so ima redo the centre in some 4mm persplex I found

(the .5mm shit i found obviously went wavy lol) and put on them koukis I got

002.JPG001.JPG

Getting closer

003.JPG

edit: bout to sandblast these wheels too hopefully that goes well haha

004.JPG

Edited by Danie l

So I painted them gold :dance:

Who hates it? :D

007.JPG008.JPG

Gotta get some 205s to put on, sick of that space saver on the 180. I only like 2 space savers. Then they're funny as hell, that belt/whining sound is hilarious

Edited by Danie l

Just get one of the Zenki centre garnishes and cut the edges at an angle, real oldschool like. You should be able to find one upwards of $0.

• Upvote 1

True shit man, would look pretty mad even unpainted, I'll keep my eyes peeled

Shame I swapped my crap cond. centre garnish (and other stuff) for the koukis otherwise I'd have a patient for the grinder

Made a little cardboard box with hot glue lol, just to keep cam caps in order. (im gonna add slots in each side so they have cubicles each)

001.JPG

Cams are out002.JPG

003.JPG

Then, look what I found

A screw.. it looks munched..

How amazing I decided to rebuild the head and if I didn't this would've blew it straight away

008.JPG009.JPG

Can't see any scratches inside, so not sure when it entered. (Doesn't look like it ran with it)

It was right under where the oil cap is, so someone was a f**king *milkshake*.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Fixed up the cracked headlight support by clamping, drilling and threaded in a high tensile nut and bolt and tensioned them until mashmash

Works good, can't bend it with my hand and headlights are like 5kg not the 25kg force I'm applying

013.JPG Painted

Then, since my headlights came without motors (sold originals and got others later) I screwed off the bottom pivots, and drilled a hole, and bolted the arm at "up" position.010.JPG

011.JPG

Then painted in; surprise surprise; black

012.JPG014.JPG

edit: Oh and I made those side covers for the lights, they didn't come with those either and cbf paying for some. Mine look crap but they're useless and suits the look of my car anyway lol

edit again: also if anyone cares I feel a lot happier and back to normal now :teehee:

I'll rub some thinners over the glass tomorrow and grab some globes, some fool sprayed silver on the glass

Edited by Danie l

Thread cleaned of troll/argument posts and the others surrounding it. Keep it civil guys; a build thread doesn't have to be full of 100% functional work, and there's no harm in fun changes that serve absolutely no purpose beyond 'I felt like it'. Taste varies, so you might not like it, but big deal.

At the very least be consistent in your complaints; if a candy red gearbox is not ok, then neither is a roof spoiler on a silvia, which people here froth over despite it hurting aerodynamics on that chassis if nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Someone is making me a half-cage atm (taking bride seat over later to get harness in perfect spot) in this style 10743741_863557726987989_303189056_n.jpg

and going yard atm to bolt in some stuff and gonna tear down 1jz head fully tonight if nothing else comes up

Thread cleaned of troll/argument posts and the others surrounding it. Keep it civil guys; a build thread doesn't have to be full of 100% functional work, and there's no harm in fun changes that serve absolutely no purpose beyond 'I felt like it'. Taste varies, so you might not like it, but big deal.

At the very least be consistent in your complaints; if a candy red gearbox is not ok, then neither is a roof spoiler on a silvia, which people here froth over despite it hurting aerodynamics on that chassis if nothing else.

Thanks mate I really appreciate your support, effort and understanding everything

Cleaned the hatch glass and sunroof,

009.JPG

Bolted on headlights and decided I don't need supports (no motors)

and fenders

006.JPG

002.JPG005.JPG

12x toilet rolls cut in half, in a box cut to size, then squeezed with zipties to keep snug (they stay in while upside-down shaking)

012.JPG

To hold buckets/shims/retainers/springs/clips/valves etc in their respectful 1 of 24th slots

Engine parts

015.JPG016.JPG

Need a spring compressor before I take these out (socket/magnet method, but need to confirm can reinstall..)

So valvetrain is still secure atm

017.JPG