Made some bonnet spacers out of that jack handle I made my gearshifter from

018.JPG

Latches on doors and hatch

019.JPG021.JPG

and riveted left quarter glass panel on tonight and painted (not pictured)

Made covers for fuel door, aerial and rear wiper

020.JPG022.JPG

Took off the spacesaver and put on the one of my pair of SSR xrv longchamps

Starting to look pretty dope. No more scrap heap lol

013.JPG007.JPG

017.JPG015.JPG

Edited by Danie l

Are the door latches intended to be secondary latches, or the only latches for efficiency of occupant extraction? If it's the latter, it might be worthwhile bolting down your actual door handle flaps so they function as a solid point to pull the door open. That would seem safer and more effective in an emergency, which I assume is the whole point of having the external latches.

• Upvote 1

Well I honestly just put them on because I gutted the doors, and that got rid of the rods and some mounting points for those

But yeah I will give them some rivets man that's a good idea

Nice. Does it feel better opening the door now? It would have to :D

Yea man was easily worth the 4 rivets haha

Edited by Danie l

lil text update

-I'll be painting the exterior pretty soon, in either the zinc black I use for everything or hammertone dark charcoal

-Dads mate is lending me a 36mm impact socket (because fk $25 to use once) to put rear driveshaft nuts on

-I'm only spending $350 on the engine (oil pump, water pump, gaskets, piston rings, head and rod studs only) so it is realistic and quick to finish

-Car is at new site where dads shed will be going up soon :teehee::woot:

The shed means permanently dry car (can bolt in seats, dash, handbrake, steering wheel, etc.) It means power (no generator) it means water (no more bottles spilling in civic lol)

more security for the car as it becomes of value, and finally in the place where the best of heavy tools and light hand tools are all together

soooooooooooo keen to get this fker driving!!

Edited by Danie l

How it's going atm

Working on brakes atm, making hardlines and plumbing in hydro with tap and stuff.

Next is electrical which is not much, just dash stuff like avc-r,ignition etc. and then just lights.

Then fuelling, cooling and pwersteering.

Cooling I am grabbing a rad off a mate tonight, and will get some hoses once I position engine and rad.

Fuelling I have a cell, painted and brackets welded up (I arc welded [2.0mm rods] 1.6mm box steel :D)

So just need hardlines, fittings and hose.

pics and updates soon, been chilling hard this week.. too hard perhaps

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Edited by Danie l

THis thing is a f**king peice of shit! i would be genuinely suprised if it passed scrutineering even at a drift event, and if it did make it on track, id definaltey be staying well clear of this thing before it fell apart or some shit

• Downvote 3

No one cares what you think about this car. If you've got nothing positive or constructive to say then don't say anything at all, simple.

OP keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

THis thing is a f**king peice of shit! i would be genuinely suprised if it passed scrutineering even at a drift event, and if it did make it on track, id definaltey be staying well clear of this thing before it fell apart or some shit

If your profile didn't state that you were 22 years old, I'd think you were 14 after reading your comment.

The only thing that I'd consider an issue for scrutineering are the door latches, as the rest are entirely non-structural and the cage was made professionally. The DIY plastic quarter windows will take side impact better than the oem glass, the riveted plates just keep water out of the factory holes, the chassis is stock and the interior is gutted. If he mounts the 1JZ appropriately, there is no issue at all beyond the prettiness of the paint. Big deal.

• Upvote 1

Jakester... keep it up if you would like a small holiday from the site. I'll happily ban you for a week if you continue to be a knob for no reason.

• Upvote 1

Been watching this thread for a while and would have to say that it's an awesome amount of effort you are putting in and I can't wait to see this thing up and going!

Only wish I had the time, money and the space to do the same:)

Keep up the good work

• Upvote 2

Thanks alot man :3

I'm so keen to get it done

lil update:

Got a BM44 and booster, cleaned up mint. just got to gather all my stray brake lines and clean those up and bolt it all in

Then flush the tits out of it.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Had something going on and had no time/money for this for last 6 weeks, back and all goods now.

Will start moving again

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

Something is happening in one week, :o

Edited by Danie l

Was just thinking about this thing the other day,

is it going yet ?

Was just thinking about this thing the other day,

is it going yet ?

Hey mate had to pause building for personal reasons but I am back on the train! Will post an update soon but to put it simply it just needs a windscreen, electrical, fuelling and finish the engine. Braking is super close, just need a 3/16 die for my flare tool to plumb it all up.

Bought an s13 rb20det yesterday to get running and sell for $

009.JPG

Removed rear end and swapped diff to an open diff to weld. (made $ on swap of course)

005.JPG008.JPG

010.JPG

003.JPG008.JPG

and the rb20det s132.PNG3.PNG

So basically I have my fingers crossed that QR allows brake lines in the cabin, lol

Due to the shaping and position I'm convinced it will only be a light job apart from re-bleeding to reposition them under the floor.. Fuel lines will be routed as stock (albeit other side for jz exhaust heat)

Today I've got to go to the brake shop yet again and get a tube nut that fits the rear-entry port on hydro cylinder,

that and a bleed will complete braking, so I'll move on to torque up all front end suspension (rear is done, lubed wheel bearings etc)002.JPG003.JPG

004.JPG005.JPG

007.JPG008.JPG

009.JPG

So basically I have my fingers crossed that QR allows brake lines in the cabin, lol

Why not phone them and confirm it? For the small amount of time that would take, it could save a lot of headaches later.

Why not phone them and confirm it? For the small amount of time that would take, it could save a lot of headaches later.

I have a .pdf of their rules but seems like there could be more, or I might just be required to put some kind of shield over it perhaps.

All I could find was that you cannot run fuel lines through the cabin, which makes sense

I will call them though just to be certain

And I will be wrapping the front-left line in heat-retarding material I am yet to choose

edit: hows ur 180 coming along?

Edited by Danie l

It's getting there. Still haven't got it tuned lol, despite having the Nistune, software and most everything else. Recently changed my diff back to a 4.08, and once I've made a proper hotpipe, I'll be set to made some power. Had too little time tbh, moved house and got the flu.

It's getting there. Still haven't got it tuned lol, despite having the Nistune, software and most everything else. Recently changed my diff back to a 4.08, and once I've made a proper hotpipe, I'll be set to made some power. Had too little time tbh, moved house and got the flu.

Yeah moving house is a shitload of work especially if you're sick,

that's sick on the 180 sounds super close then, whats your kw goal?