Hi

I have the following mods:

Splitfire coils

Walbro fuel pump

550cc injectors

front mount inter-cooler

3inch turbo back exhaust

electronic boost controller

hypergear high flow turbo(able to boost up to 18psi)

MV automatics valve body upgrade

transmission cooler

My car is an automatic 1997 Nissan Skyline r33.

What tuning options do I have that retains the ignition cut and retard logic programming of the stock auto ecu?

I've heard eManage/SAFC+Sitc does this but are merely piggybacks and are not good for medium power applications.

I am chasing 230rwkw, will an emanage/safc suffice for this power? What are the disadvantages in using piggybacks?

I know the tranny and engine will handle this I am just finding it hard to find an ecu that I can tune on an automatic transmission and retain auto box shifts.

Any recommendations?

Is the safc+sitc combo my best bet for 230rwkw and daily drivability ?

Located in Sydney

Ps:

I dont want to swap in a manual or put in a manual valve body - I want to keep my auto

I am aware that some ecu's advertise "use able with auto" but this is usually with the toyota autos that have the ignition cut and retard programming in the gearbox ECU's , R33 skylines do not.

I'm not familiar with them as I'm about to use my first one since power fc's, but I'm sure NIStune support automatic as it's the factory ecu completely opened up and with all fuel ignition and timing maps etc programmable

With a R33 ECU you cannot (currently) install a nistune board, most use a Z32 8-bit board to do so, however even an AT Z32 ECU has issues with downshifts.

BUT... Type 6 daughterboards have been produced by an independent called Stu Connell, currently a prototype however gives hope for R33 and Stagea owners to "Nistune" their factory ECUs, commonly done in R32/R34 GTS-t/GT-t owners.

33's are weird... Most Either use a 20 ecu with no vct or z32 ecu, but even that isn't straight forward as it needs to be modded to work. The later stags and skyline (34) , the type 4 boards fit straight in the 25 ecu. GTR's are weird too. They all use 32 GTR ecu's and O2 sensors, and 34 needs a cas mod.

*Useless info brought to you by Gaz*

Emanage will make 230kw easy and is an alright ECU.. Had one in my 1j Cressy and was fine

Emanage will make 230kw easy and is an alright ECU.. Had one in my 1j Cressy and was fine

yes but Toyota auto boxes work differently then nissan ones. Toyota have a seperate ECU for the gearbox change logic and control so it's not affected